Like the title says, I have my hands on a 99 XJ with a 3 inch lift, white paint, and an incredibly goofy owner. The idea for an alternate Ecto popped into my brain earlier this week, and it's become such a bug in my ear that I'm looking up the feasibility of doing it.

The cost, I can make work. The time, I'll figure out. The fabrication, I'll enjoy. But ideas...oh, ideas I welcome from every corner. Already had one fella suggest I run a slime-shooter based setup, and another give me an idea for a slightly more modernized setup (but I do love the anachronistic style of the original roof racks, and may stick with that).

Tell me what you think! Hit me with every wild idea youve got, because I want to get weird with it!
Tigress_Ren, DrMadKatz liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I always liked the idea of those hood-mounted spotlights you see on work trucks, but with some sort of blacklight bulb installed. I have no idea if you could even get a bulb that would fit one, but I think it'd be a neat touch.
I guess they're technically boat spotlights, but I've seen them mounted to the hoods of work vehicles around here.
ACLyon liked this
Awesome vehicle! I love the rugged stance. Not sure what direction you were leaning if you abandond the original roof rack, but Im seeing more of a "support vehicle" in my head. Not the hero car, but more of a mop-up pace vehicle. Could have a simplified roof rack of four long green "charged helium" tanks on the roof for extra ghost storage, as well as spare proton packs over each rear side window behind the passenger doors, off-road extra-fuel style.

Pair of neutrona wands sticking out of the hood, or side panels over the front wheels all death-race style? Could have extrior cables tied to the proton packs, running under the doors along the running boards to give it a back-to-the-future vibe.

At the very least, blue lights and no-ghost logos are required. Mock something up and go from there. The lights youre able to find might help determine how modern / retro you want to go.
Tigress_Ren wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 5:26 am Awesome vehicle! I love the rugged stance. Not sure what direction you were leaning if you abandond the original roof rack, but Im seeing more of a "support vehicle" in my head. Not the hero car, but more of a mop-up pace vehicle. Could have a simplified roof rack of four long green "charged helium" tanks on the roof for extra ghost storage, as well as spare proton packs over each rear side window behind the passenger doors, off-road extra-fuel style.

Pair of neutrona wands sticking out of the hood, or side panels over the front wheels all death-race style? Could have extrior cables tied to the proton packs, running under the doors along the running boards to give it a back-to-the-future vibe.

At the very least, blue lights and no-ghost logos are required. Mock something up and go from there. The lights youre able to find might help determine how modern / retro you want to go.
I had considered getting a "thru-roof" assembly for a forest-service spotlight mounted up, and sticking a souped-up neutrino wand on it, or something new and weird. I do remember a lot of technobabble involving bosons and such, which brought me to delving into Paul Dirac's stuff, which hurt my brain because quantum physics, and I am not a smart man. I came up with some neat BS ideas that might fit on it, though.

As far as new/Retro...I might keep it to the late 90's, just to keep it in line with the truck. Can still use 80's gear, can still use newer gear, it's a nice broad range, which is terrible for my ability to make decisions.
Tigress_Ren liked this

Oh my...this will be interesting...

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]