By spudkopf
Sorry up front if this has already been discussed, I have tried to search for threads about this but could not find anything.

Anyway, I have just built a motherboard for my pack, and I have gone for a non-destructive approach, in that the alice frame attaches for the most part to the motherboard (still using the bottom hasbro mounts), utilising the supplied bracket mounting points to affix the motherboard to the pack.

I'm still toying with the idea of cutting out a battery compartment access into the motherboard, however my initial measurements seem to suggest that the cutout may interfere with the two closet bracket mounting points affixing the motherboard.

As such I'm exploring alternative solutions, to this end I have done some rough dimensioning and I think that a 4 x C cell battery holder (from Jaycar) may just will fit into the compartment behind the power cell. I do recognise that the use of C cells will ultimately impact upon the play time, but I want to try and keep things as non-destructive as possible, and was wondering how well C cells would actually perform, at least for the interim.

Later I may look into a power bank solution when I go down the keep alive route, but have not as yet found a suitable Australian substitute for the Tallentcel (suggetsions welcome).

Cheers David
Tested and it ( Using 'C' batteries instead of 'D' batteries ) , works .

I do not have a 'stay alive ' mod on the pack yet ....so testing the ' How Long the Pack will Last ' C vs D batteries , isn't happening at this moment .

When we get a Stay-alive , we'll post some results .

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]