For Cinco De Mayo Pepto Bismol was doing a run of "Pinata Smashing" commercials. Director Greg Benson approached them with two concepts based on his favorite classic movies. One was Ghostbusters and the other was Back to the Future. They loved the ideas so he went ahead and put these commercials into production.

I got a phone call from Greg, because another director I worked with referred me. Long story short, I got Vincenzo330 and Xtrmn8r18 involved too. It was a day of filming on a Friday with a fun crew. After our filming they worked on the Back to the Future commercial too.

Both were filmed in one day followed by one day and two nights of editing before Greg sent them out to Pepto's HQ in New York. They absolutely loved them! Then the licensing department said "uh we can't use these because of the trademark images." So they never got used. But they're up in a private video on vimeo for you guys to check out for a very short time. Because they're private no one makes any money off them. They're now just for the fans to see and enjoy briefly. Really briefly.

Here are the links. The password is sailboat:
Ghostbusters:
http://vimeo.com/23300282

Back to the Future:
http://vimeo.com/23300188
AJ Quick wrote:LOL.

I really liked the Back to the Future one.
Yeah it came out great!

Here's a couple pics from set too.

Andy hamming it up on the set.

The three of us before we blast Stay Puft.

Vince using a leaf blower to get the marshmallow mess off me. :P
Man I would love for stuff like that to be made in Australia. I bet you guys had such a blast!
I am surprised how minimal the coverage had of you and your packs. Until they yelled "cross the streams" I thought one oh you guys was wearing a slime blower, and not a video game styled proton pack ( props to you btw on that build).
sorak wrote:Man I would love for stuff like that to be made in Australia. I bet you guys had such a blast!
I am surprised how minimal the coverage had of you and your packs. Until they yelled "cross the streams" I thought one oh you guys was wearing a slime blower, and not a video game styled proton pack ( props to you btw on that build).
Thanks! :cool:
sorak wrote:You'd have thought they would have gotten approval first, before filming things like this. After all, if they have the rights to make a stay puft piñata, they should have the gb promotion rights... Or was it a novelty one off model?
The staypuft piñata was a prop built on site by the prop department guys. It looked great!

Upon reread, there some mistakes... errors... what[…]

Proton Props UK

One guy for logistics would be fine ;-)

Frozen Empire GB Jumpsuit (Khaki)

I hadn't thought so. Have to see if we get anythi[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I a[…]