Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By shoesdontmatch
I'm a June 2021 myself so just over the two year mark , I haven't heard anything in several months despite sending multiple messages on Facebook, I certainly hope mine will be ready to ship soon
By eljuanyo
Returned by customs? God don't add another thing to be afraid of 😰😰😰, I'm at the point of waiting for him to pack it up and ship it this week...
By StarkMarkV
I was able to talk to David before his surgery, around the time he posted on insta that two packs were about to be shipped to their forever homes. I eagerly asked if one of them was mine and he replied that sadly neither one was.

He did mention mine should be nearing completion. That's about it. As mentioned before, I have good faith in him.

I'm pretty chill about the wait, and yeah, I'm a two year man myself. Just keeping positive. 😎
Ackbar, tobycj liked this
By Astomp82
StarkMarkV wrote: August 10th, 2023, 10:16 am I'm pretty chill about the wait, and yeah, I'm a two year man myself. Just keeping positive. 😎
That’s how I feel about it. I am confident in David and the fact that he’s working on packs and I’ll get my pack eventually and everything I’ve seen and heard about the finished product he creates makes it worth the wait for me.
StarkMarkV, Ackbar liked this
By Ackbar
You took the words right out of my mouth!
I hope he will find a suitable parcel service soon, that I can get some ghosts ;-)
stonecoldrmw wrote: August 14th, 2023, 3:53 am Having seen at least 2 different packs made by Dave, I can say they are without a doubt the finest unlicensed nuclear accelerators on the market. Things of beauty.

Beauty takes time to create!
Last edited by Ackbar on August 15th, 2023, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astomp82, StarkMarkV liked this
By Astomp82
I don’t know if it’s still available, but he posted on instagram earlier that he had a complete GB2 pack for sale. If anyone is interested.
By prodestrian
Astomp82 wrote:I don’t know if it’s still available, but he posted on instagram earlier that he had a complete GB2 pack for sale. If anyone is interested.
I believe he said it was a demo pack, price was pretty reasonable considering how good it looked. He posted it elsewhere too but now I can't find the posts, so it probably got snapped up quickly.

He probably needed to clear out a few packs and make some more workshop space (we've all been there :lol:)
Astomp82, Ackbar liked this
By eljuanyo
Hey! 2 years club here again. It's Christmas day today for me, the pack finally arrived. I still can't process it, it's been too long, two whole years of waiting, giving up, having faith, losing hope... a looong excruciating rollercoaster of emotions that has taken its toll on me. The product is stunning, amazing, it is just the actual proton pack, real, like draged out of the screen, theres no tiny detail wrong, every material, color, word on every sticker, is EXACTLY like the ones in the movie, and that is huge for a guy like myself. I can't say that it's worth it, I chose to wait this long because I gave up, and because it was a childhood dream (literally, I was a lucid dreamer and for years I used to "create" protonpacks in my dreams to play) and I ended up choosing the path of "either I lost 3k or maybe one day the UPS man shows up and make my day". It was the later and I just don't know how to feel, I will digest this dream come true in a few days and I'm sure I'll cry. For everyone that is wondering about jumping into this quest, I just tell you it's a really personal choice, for me I wouldn't go this path again, it was too hard and too long for a "14 weeks delivery "; I'm sorry but it is no excusable, it is not. if you can't handle years of wait, months of radio silence and poor communication, maybe don't do it; If that's not a big deal for you, go for it, the product is the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed, for people that love EXACT REPLICAS and the feeling that absolutely everything is exactly designed and manufactured as the real thing, just like you stole it from the movie, this will be the crown jewel of your collection, period.

Thank you everyone and thanks Dave for delivering.
StarkMarkV, cristovalc, frankov and 5 others liked this
By Ackbar
Could you tell me the measures and weight of the package you received? With this information I could estimate the shipping costs.
By thevenkman
Over 2 years for me as well.
Out of curiosity, what's everyone's waiting limit? 3, 4, 5, 6 years? What can be done once we realise that we won't have our packs at all?

For me this is completely unacceptable - been texting Dave for months and have no reply AT ALL. Paid over 2k for a pack and it seems like a simple "sorry mate, just a bit longer" is not on Dave's vocabulary for customer service. Funny how fast Dave was to answer my messages when I was initially interested in his products.

It's clear that the quality of the products he offer is amazing, but man, how I regret doing business with this person. I struggled to pay this amount as I'm sure a lot of you did and the feeling that I've been scammed by someone who has no consideration for his clients really takes my sleep.

There's absolutely no excuse for the lack of communication with HIS CLIENTS - I just saw that he's enjoying some local Con and posting pictures to his social media.

I really don't want to create a negative feeling on whoever's hopeful - this is just my feeling. And Dave, if you're reading this I would love to get a full refund for what I've paid. Thanks
By Astomp82
I’ll be at the 2 year mark on 9/15. I’m still patiently waiting since everything I’ve seen has shown that the product is very much worth the wait. I’m actually glad this thread exists because it helps us all know where we are in line of getting our packs completed. Since I’m not quite at 2 years, I know I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me, but I’m still hanging in! 😊
Ackbar liked this
By MassiveDMG
I recently initiated a PayPal dispute with Proton Props UK because of a lack of communication on their part regarding my purchase. Fortunately, I had opted for the Goods & Services option. Despite my repeated attempts to reach out to him, I received no response until the dispute was initiated. It appears that Proton Props UK is quick to accept orders and payments but struggles to effectively manage their backlog. He seems to accept every order, collect payment, and then make customers wait. Meanwhile, they continue to advertise their products on Facebook as if they're readily available, even though there are significant delays.

As someone who understands that amateur builders, shops, and makers sometimes require lead time, it's frustrating to see them advertising items they can't fulfill promptly due to their backlog. I was shown pictures of the actual Makita Battery kit I bought from him, and it should have been a straightforward trip to the post office to send it, but it took an excessively long time to get back to me.

He told me to close the case and that he would then ship the parts. When I insisted that I close the dispute only with goods in hands they chose to refund me instead.
I understand from this topic that he had surgery and might not always be available at his workplace, but this has been an uncomfortable buying experience.

I want to give credit to sellers like Frutto, GPStar, Firehouse Props, Kenny Ambroos, Eugenio Spengler, and many others who consistently deliver on their promises and provide a better buying experience.
CaptainAssholay liked this
By Diamond Dave
MassiveDMG wrote:I recently initiated a PayPal dispute with Proton Props UK because of a lack of communication on their part regarding my purchase. Fortunately, I had opted for the Goods & Services option. Despite my repeated attempts to reach out to him, I received no response until the dispute was initiated.
May I ask how long you waited before filing your PayPal dispute? I've been waiting seven months for my Venkman Heritage pack - not nearly as long as some people on this thread - but my understanding is PayPal has a 180-day dispute window, so now I'm worried my money has been taken and I'm SOL.

Also, for those in the U.S. who have received their pack, if any, have there been any customs issues?
By frankov
While I'm sure there's a plethora of valid reasons why the packs are not shipping - and we've already seen a lot here (from medical issues, shipping mis-haps, shells being deformed because of the weather and parts shortage), I think the main issue is not waiting, but not having any updates.

Since I'm sure Dave visits this forum from time to time, why not use this space to "help him out" - and by that I mean, perhaps explain how we could help him improve his process.

Let's not assume that there's any wrong-doing here - let's just rationalize this :

He's working on the packs alone - perhaps balancing Family/Work and this maker hobby.
Once the first few orders were shipped, he probably got a lot of new business.
As time went by, he got more orders, and perhaps a first production hiccup started to delay his orders.
Things get out of hand, production issues, shipping issues, yet more orders trickle in.
He answers emails for a while, but gets overwhelmed and stops returning calls.

Here's what I'd like to see from him - once he's back at it and in good health:

Transparency about the backlog
I'm not a business person, but I don't think us or his competitors knowing how much packs he's working on would change anything.

Website Update:
Perhaps close down the transactions while the backlog is being adressed.

Social Media Updates:
Post more WIP of packs on FB or Instagram
Posts about possible hiatus/production issues/...

Now I know it's never that easy, but I'm sure he doesn't want to alienate people and lose potential sales. And I don't claim to have a solution that will satisfy everyone - I'm just a bit worried that his mental health might eventually take the toll and he could burn himself and close shop.
By DoctorPepper
Diamond Dave wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:00 pm
MassiveDMG wrote:I recently initiated a PayPal dispute with Proton Props UK because of a lack of communication on their part regarding my purchase. Fortunately, I had opted for the Goods & Services option. Despite my repeated attempts to reach out to him, I received no response until the dispute was initiated.
May I ask how long you waited before filing your PayPal dispute? I've been waiting seven months for my Venkman Heritage pack - not nearly as long as some people on this thread - but my understanding is PayPal has a 180-day dispute window, so now I'm worried my money has been taken and I'm SOL.

Also, for those in the U.S. who have received their pack, if any, have there been any customs issues?
From what I heard and a friends purchase, there is no issues shipping to the US. It took a week for my friends pack to arrive. Shipping to other countries have had issues.
By stewartmacm
StarkMarkV wrote: September 1st, 2023, 4:07 pm
eljuanyo wrote: September 1st, 2023, 3:52 pm Hey! 2 years club here again. It's Christmas day today for me, the pack finally arrived.
Is it possible to see some pics???
There won't be pics as I doubt the story actually happened.
By tobycj
Diamond Dave wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:00 pm

His supplier for aluminium wands disappeared, so he's been struggling to get them. The heritage packs explicitly say "This is a custom order commission and not an ‘in-stock product’ off the shelf product so please be aware of this at the point of ordering, lead times will vary so please contact us to discuss this. We are not Amazon, we are artisans and art takes time."

You will 100% get your pack. Be patient. It will take a long time, especially for a heritage pack, but it will be worth the wait.
Ackbar, Merrimon liked this
By tobycj
stewartmacm wrote: September 13th, 2023, 3:44 am
StarkMarkV wrote: September 1st, 2023, 4:07 pm

Is it possible to see some pics???
There won't be pics as I doubt the story actually happened.
Those orders definitely shipped, and were received. That guy hasn't logged into the forum since 2nd September, so possibly hasn't even seen that reply asking for pics. Do you actually have an order in with Proton Props, or you just here stirring the pot?
StarkMarkV liked this
By Diamond Dave
tobycj wrote: September 13th, 2023, 9:30 am
The heritage packs explicitly say "This is a custom order commission and not an ‘in-stock product’ off the shelf product so please be aware of this at the point of ordering, lead times will vary so please contact us to discuss this. We are not Amazon, we are artisans and art takes time."
I fully understand that (and understood that when I placed the order), however, he quoted me 32 weeks, which would be tomorrow. I realize that is an approximation, and I'm not holding him to the day, but I like so many others on this thread, am concerned about the lack of communication. I've emailed him twice over the past week, just to check on the progress (it's the first time I've attempted communication since placing the order seven and a half months ago, so I haven't been hounding him for constant updates), but I've not received any response. He was very responsive before I paid, but not so after he got my money. This, I believe, is what I and many others find alarming. I merely inquired as to whether he thought I'd have it by Halloween (doesn't appear so, based on what I've read here) and if he had ever experienced any customs issues exporting a battery to the U.S.

I just want my fears allayed that he's absconded with my cash.
By tobycj
Diamond Dave wrote: September 13th, 2023, 10:13 am
tobycj wrote: September 13th, 2023, 9:30 am
The heritage packs explicitly say "This is a custom order commission and not an ‘in-stock product’ off the shelf product so please be aware of this at the point of ordering, lead times will vary so please contact us to discuss this. We are not Amazon, we are artisans and art takes time."
I fully understand that (and understood that when I placed the order), however, he quoted me 32 weeks, which would be tomorrow. I realize that is an approximation, and I'm not holding him to the day, but I like so many others on this thread, am concerned about the lack of communication. I've emailed him twice over the past week, just to check on the progress (it's the first time I've attempted communication since placing the order seven and a half months ago, so I haven't been hounding him for constant updates), but I've not received any response. He was very responsive before I paid, but not so after he got my money. This, I believe, is what I and many others find alarming. I merely inquired as to whether he thought I'd have it by Halloween (doesn't appear so, based on what I've read here) and if he had ever experienced any customs issues exporting a battery to the U.S.

32 weeks was probably a best estimate at the time, and if he can't get one of the key parts of the build in that timescale then there is little he can do about that unfortunately. I get you're concerned by the lack of reply, but I can 100% guarantee you that he has not, and will not, run off with your money. He's working very, very hard to fulfil orders (six day weeks, long days), so replying to messages is not top of his priority list as it doesn't progress his orders. I understand that is not ideal for you as a customer though. He's shipped a bunch of packs to the US, and never had any issues with batteries to the best of my knowledge. I know he still doesn't have aluminium wands sorted, so I'm sorry to say I think it is unfortunately very unlikely you will get your pack by Halloween.
cristovalc, nevenkman liked this
By RCoid55
tobycj wrote: September 13th, 2023, 10:49 am
Diamond Dave wrote: September 13th, 2023, 10:13 am

32 weeks was probably a best estimate at the time, and if he can't get one of the key parts of the build in that timescale then there is little he can do about that unfortunately. I get you're concerned by the lack of reply, but I can 100% guarantee you that he has not, and will not, run off with your money. He's working very, very hard to fulfil orders (six day weeks, long days), so replying to messages is not top of his priority list as it doesn't progress his orders. I understand that is not ideal for you as a customer though. He's shipped a bunch of packs to the US, and never had any issues with batteries to the best of my knowledge. I know he still doesn't have aluminium wands sorted, so I'm sorry to say I think it is unfortunately very unlikely you will get your pack by Halloween.
My question would be, has has our contact details, he has the ability to draft and send a message to everyone waiting, but he doesn't. Instead we have you the good friend coming to defend in the comments. Don't get me wrong it's noble of you but at the end of the day it does nothing but irritate people further. He needs to shut orders on his website and catch up with this backlog or more and more people will find themselves three years down the line with nothing but a promise from the builders best pal to trust it's gonna happen.

David's communication is abismal and while he posts thing like being at dragon con Inbetween posts of "new" products on his site you cant help but feel jilted by the fact you've been waiting two moths just to receive a message about the progress of something that cost a couple of grand.

Your his friend Toby, maybe have a word.
By RCoid55
Also doesn't help that above there is a member of the two year club who has just recived his pack and I know for certain there is someone in the community who has been waiting three years and has still not received any updates in recent months concerning when his pack should be arriving, coupled into the fact he has asked for a refund and been told that it's not possible to process.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]