Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Bison256
Is Venkman's apartment in 2 supposed to a former factory space (garment district?) converted into a loft apartment? His bedroom looks like as if it was an old supervisor's office.
By mrmichaelt
Bison256 wrote: September 29th, 2023, 7:30 pm Is Venkman's apartment in 2 supposed to a former factory space (garment district?) converted into a loft apartment? His bedroom looks like as if it was an old supervisor's office.
In the Ghostbusters II commentary, during the Chapter 16: Vigo 101 segment, Ivan Reitman contended Peter's apartment interior scenes took place in the apartment of famous art dealer Marc Glimcher (previously it was known at least the Oscar kidnapping on the ledge were shot on a set at Burbank Studios). The apartment is located in Broadway after all, it having a history as an industrial space turned residential loft isn't out of the realm of possible. Broadway I believe encompasses Midtown and the Garment District is in Midtown.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:That was my understanding as well. :whatever:
It's possible he was misremembering. One way to confirm would be through the call sheets...
Last edited by Kingpin on October 2nd, 2023, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By d_osborn
It's pretty cool, Venkman's loft was built as a full exterior/interior set at Burbank. One big slice of the building!

I'm guessing Ivan was referring to the actual NYC building's history, where they filmed the exterior shots.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]