By Dexter
I was curious if anyone knew (this is a two part question) ...

1. How long are the hoses on the suit? Does it vary between the different movies? (GB1, GB2, Afterlife). I bought a couple of the yellow hoses from the GB Shop & wanted to make sure that we have proper lengths on the hoses. I don't know if it's totally based on your height or if it based on preference of length.

2. The leg hose connection cup, how have you all attached the hose? I was originally thinking of gluing it in place, but I eventually will want to wash the suit & having the hose connected may be an issue even if tumbled on low heat in the dryer.

I have heard folks talk about using small diameter neodymium magnets (one on the hose & one in the leg cup connector). My Wife and I wore our suits out for the first time last night & we both kept stepping on them & pulling it out of cup connecter.
I have a circle plate with holes on my hose connector and then zipties feed through the metal plate, suit and connector so sadly I had holes in the suit due to this but it keeps it from falling off with no extra weight.
Not sure about exact hose length. Suggest consulting reference images to get an idea if you think the lengths GBFans sent need to be adjusted.

As for the connector, I went the old-fashioned way and just sewed it on. Definitely wouldn't put the hose itself through the laundry, but the connector should be OK in the wash and probably in the dryer, depending what yours is made of. Mine's held up fine after several times through the washer and dryer. Just hanging the suit to dry is also an option to reduce wear from tumbling.

For my next suit I'm planning to sew the connector on with some additional scrap fabric on the inside of the suit leg to reinforce it a little bit.
I sewed the connector to my suit but I have the hose pressure-fit via some tape I wrapped around the hose. It’s secure enough to keep the hose in the connector for regular wear, but it’ll also give if I get it caught on something as to not rip the connector off the suit.

For the rear connection, I’m currently just tucking it under my belt but would appreciate any other suggestions. Thinking of getting another key fob and attaching the host to that…?

Sean
SP Productions wrote: October 31st, 2023, 11:15 am For the rear connection, I’m currently just tucking it under my belt but would appreciate any other suggestions.
Attach a small clasp to the end of the hose, then tuck it under your belt at the back and clip it into one of the grommets. For example, the hose I wear (https://www.etsy.com/listing/548709638/ ... -connector) includes the minimal hardware for that kind of connection. Would be pretty easy to add something similar oneself.
I went the magnetic way with this kit. It worked well for me. The connector and hose both attach magnetically. The connector's magnet is very strong and the connector stays in place all day. The hose is attached magnetically as well, but it's a bit weaker and has enough give so that the hose pulls loose when I inevitably snag it. The other end has a 3d-printed clip that attaches to your belt.

I know you didn’t ask me, but here&rsquo[…]

The Video Game Lifegard

I made one a few years ago using a Lifegard IV and[…]

On one screw when I was drilling out the plug I we[…]

Only downside is they’ll likely be so expens[…]