Hey, so I'm FINALLY getting my wish and am making a GB costume for my birthday AKA Halloween. My problem is all the plans Ive seen dont explain how to make the pedal WORK and open the doors when stomped on. Can anyone please give me instructions on this, because I'm completely electronically illiterate. Thanks.
If you want to make the doors open some electronics are going to be needed. I know alot of people use the RGB toy trap and convert it. Thats what I did for now. Making the electronic device to open the doors will take a bit of work, especially if you are not used to electronics in the first place. I ran into a similar situation, I wanted to wire all the lights myself for my pack...and it just wasn't working. So i caved and bought Exoray's light kit. A huge weight lifted off me when I did that, now I can concentrate on the rest of the pack. Maybe try something similar. Either order the electronics or find a toy or gizmo that does something similar and strip it down to use for your trap. It takes a bit of time to get used to building electronics...trust me. I know. haha. Good luck.
LordVego wrote:you can set it up the same way bike breaks work if you want, too.. no electronics

Oooo! that's a great idea! I might have to use that on my trap!
Im definitely looking at the bike brake method. Won't be done in time for this halloween. But given the costumes I normally see, I'll at least be above par with just the pack, wand and goggles. And I have a unique take on the suit too since, being a big guy, flight suits-and one pieces in general-aren't flattering. I'll post pics once it's all done. Thanks guys!

I know you didn’t ask me, but here’s[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Some new details on the Buffalo Ghostbusters' cele[…]

I'd love a photo of how you wired up the charging […]

Holy Heisenberg! The Diamond Select figures were […]